menu
search
Youtube Facebook

President of the Association of Friends of Thalassemia Patients in Tubas

President of the Association of Friends of Thalassemia Patients in Tubas
examination and stay away from the marriage of relatives, through many seminars and meetings Which was held in various provinces of the country, and centered on the view of science and religion in the marriage of relatives and disease Altlasma .. It is noteworthy that Thalassemia is a chronic genetic disease is not contagious affects the manufacture of blood, where the hemoglobin in the red blood cells unable to carry out the function of transport Oxygen from across the respiratory tract to all cells Of the body, which causes anemia on the patient .. And reviewed the differences between the holder of the genetic status of the disease and the patient affected Altlmsima, saying: The patient does not show any manifestations of illness as a result of pregnancy genetic disease is healthy body, and if only one parent pregnant The patient may be transmitted to some of his children, but he does not have children with patients Altlmsma .. He explained that the patient Altlmsma shows clear symptoms of the disease since childhood, and is in need of blood transfusion periodically and life, indicating that if both parents Have the genetic status of the disease, there is a 25% chance of being born With a 50% chance of having a child with a genetic status and a 25% chance of having a child free from genetic disease. Dr. Draghma noted that the Friends of Thalassemia Patients Association was established in 1996 by a group of patients and their families and those interested in this The disease, under the slogan "for Palestine free of disease Altlasma" .. He added that the work of the Assembly focuses

In the West Bank and Tubas in the north of the West Bank, today, there are 716 patients in the Palestinian Territory, including 466 patients in the West Bank and 250 in the Gaza Strip according to the latest statistics .. He added that 76% of the injured are affected by marriages of relatives, In a special interview with WAFA Agency on the occasion of the International Day of Thalassemia, which falls tomorrow, that the number of people infected with this disease decreases for some reason President, since the application of the legitimate decision to impose the examination of those who are coming to marriage, which greatly limited Of the new births infected .. He said that the follow-up to previous marriages and the attempt to know prior to the fourth week of pregnancy, whether the fetus is infected or not, can detect the infection at an early stage, which provides opportunities for abortion .. He stressed that Thalassemia creates in patients and their families psychological problems And the social and economic, noting that the injured needs every three to four weeks to transfer blood and medical follow-up to get rid of iron deposits, forcing him to supply material (Dasfral) through a special pump immediately after each blood transfusion .. He added: For anemia, such as recurrent infections and urination In the form of some bones of the body and the growth and development of this child compared to the children of his generation, indicating that the cost of treatment per patient per year (15 thousand dollars) .. He said: "This constitutes a major financial burden on the Ministry of Health, which already has to meet the needs of patients and hospitals. ".. He drew d. "He added that such operations were carried out for patients in Italy, in cooperation with Italian institutions, and was successful. The cost of one operation may reach 120 thousand dollars, He added that there is difficulty in the way of conducting similar operations for patients for two reasons: the problem of securing the needs of the process on the one hand in terms of the donor and the costs and the second progresses the satisfactory situation in some patients, which prevents the operations to take place where the success rate of the process is not large .. There is no possibility This disease is caused by the medicinal herbs because it is a hereditary disease that affects the blood plant in the body, which is difficult to deal with without proper treatment and prevention methods, most importantly the health awareness of not having children with the disease .. And Dr. Draghma, that Palestine has reached an advanced stage in reducing the disease In the last five years, where there were no injuries resulting from new marriages, pointing out that the injuries recorded were due to marriages abroad, or the few cases that evaded the pre-marital medical examination .. He said: "This is a significant indication that was limited to Illness If we look at the number of injured in the Palestinian Territory compared to countries "Dr. Daraghmeh pointed out that Palestine now follows the example of the State of Cyprus in enriching its experience in resisting the disease. The latter was able, within 20 years, to arrive in Cyprus free of thalassemia. He stressed that young people should understand that the sick person is a human being. "This is a genetic trait of eyes, hair or skin, which are inherited traits in which a person lives his whole life without any decrease, but the danger lies. Only when the two men who intend to marry are pregnant. "He stressed the need for society to work And their institutions, especially young people, to provide the needs of patients with thalassemia of the necessary blood doses by donating to their benefit, and help them to integrate into society, and regularity in the study .. And about young people coming to marriage, Dr. Daghmeh stressed the importance of their commitment to medical examination before marriage, This is of great importance in limiting the emergence of many genetic diseases, not just thalassemia. He called on them to communicate with the Association of Friends of Thalassemia Patients and the Ministry of Health and medical institutions working in this field, especially by families with children who are infected "The cooperation with the imams of mosques and religious scholars has played a major role in guiding and raising the awareness of the community and urged him to medical examination and stay away from the marriage of relatives, through many seminars and meetings Which was held in various provinces of the country, and centered on the view of science and religion in the marriage of relatives and disease Altlasma .. It is noteworthy that Thalassemia is a chronic genetic disease is not contagious affects the manufacture of blood, where the hemoglobin in the red blood cells unable to carry out the function of transport Oxygen from across the respiratory tract to all cells Of the body, which causes anemia on the patient .. And reviewed the differences between the holder of the genetic status of the disease and the patient affected Altlmsima, saying: The patient does not show any manifestations of illness as a result of pregnancy genetic disease is healthy body, and if only one parent pregnant The patient may be transmitted to some of his children, but he does not have children with patients Altlmsma .. He explained that the patient Altlmsma shows clear symptoms of the disease since childhood, and is in need of blood transfusion periodically and life, indicating that if both parents Have the genetic status of the disease, there is a 25% chance of being born With a 50% chance of having a child with a genetic status and a 25% chance of having a child free from genetic disease. Dr. Draghma noted that the Friends of Thalassemia Patients Association was established in 1996 by a group of patients and their families and those interested in this The disease, under the slogan "for Palestine free of disease Altlasma" .. He added that the work of the Assembly focuses

X